Nature doesn’t care whether you’re color coordinated
Or if you’re wearing the most expensive gear.
Nature just takes care of itself.
Its your responsibility to do the same.
Nature has no hours of operation…
you don’t have to rush, hurry or beat the crowds,
and there is no competition.
The options are endless,the choice is yours
Survival is about being smart in your mountain excursion and being prepared with survival gear whether it’s a hydration system while on the slopes to prevent altitude sickness ; warm outerwear, thermal underwear and face coverage to prevent frost bite; or avalanche certification and an avalanche beacon, probe and shovel while in the backcountry.
Survival gear will protect you from the elements such as sun, snow, wind and rain and keep you from harms way.
* Footwear will support your feet and legs as they carry you through varied terrain.
* Outer wear will protect you from the elements of rain and snow and sun yet allow your body to breathe.
* Gear will do a lot of the work for you (such as sleeping bags and tents) and the accessories will support and enhance your nature excursions.
Survival gear doesn’t have to cost you a fortune. There are many outdoor manufacturer’s that design great performance gear unleashing you to nature’s possibilities without the deep pockets.
When shopping for survival gear look for:
1. Reputable reviews on selected survival gear by experts from periodicals such as Outside Magazine, Outdoor Magazine and National Geographic.
2. Your children. Nurture them with Nature and prepare them with proper survival gear to protect them from the elements.
3. Sites that offer benefits and hot tips for keeping survival to a minimum and letting the gear do the rest.
Before venturing into the high country consider preparing your body for nature’s demands with at home exercise machines that mimic the motions of hiking and cross country skiing.
Explore nature, try a new mountain sport, or be better than you were last year and let the survival gear take care of the rest. It’s all here for you. It’s only you that’s holding the possibility back.